Old January 23rd 04, 11:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Oyster bug

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 14:05:50 +0000, Jason wrote:

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 13:17:24 +0000, wrote:

Jason wrote -
Are you saying that Camden Road - where Pre-pay is not valid for
journeys to and from - has gates (weren't any last time I was there
which was years ago, admitedly) with Oyster readers on thim?

Yes it does. I think Dalston Kingsland also has them.

Thanks - very interesting that another station where Oyster Pre-Pay
isn't (yet) valid has this too.

Wonder if this means Silverlink are planning to gate and Oyster the
North London Line? If so, hopefully this will lead to an increase in
NR routes where Oyster Pre-Pay is valid.

It is part of TfL's ticketing strategy and also part of promoting the
Overground network branding to negotiate with the TOCs to extend Oyster
Card acceptance and to implement Pre-Pay thus bringing fares on those
routes into line with LUL fares.

The North London Line is one of the named candidates for early
implementation.
--
Paul C