Old August 4th 10, 08:31 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Stimpy Stimpy is offline

Default day out in london - suggestions

On Tue, 3 Aug 2010 21:42:45 +0100, tim.... wrote

"Ian Jelf" wrote in message
In message . li, Tom
Anderson writes
On Sat, 31 Jul 2010, Bruce wrote:

On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 00:51:25 +0100, Tom Anderson
wrote:
For me the North London Line is always interesting. It passes thru
varied territory, passing numerous other lines.

Seconded. I always find it particularly interesting to see the freight
trains, knowing they've come from Felixstowe and are on their way to
the
remote north.

The *remote north*?

Willesden Junction, where i assume the trains fall off the edge of the
world.

As a child, the Midland Red bus service that passed the end of our road
went to "World's End". It was one of the first things I learned to read.
I had this vision of the buses going to a cloud-filled cliff-edge and then
turning around and coming back to Smethwick.

Years later when I discovered the collection of suburban semis that was
World's end, it was a bit of a disappointment!

There are London buses that go to World's End as well.

There was even a TV series set there in the 1970s