Old January 24th 04, 12:02 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Jack Taylor Jack Taylor is offline

Default Jubilee Line at Charing Cross

"TheOneKEA" wrote in message
om...
(Boltar) wrote in message

. com...

I thought if that happened the passengers were just turfed off at Green

Park?

They probably are, but when you have a Jubilee train full of
passengers between Green Park and Westminster and something happens on
the JLE, Charing Cross is the perfect place to deposit them.

ITYM between Bond Street and Green Park. Once you are past Green Park it's
too late! AFAIK, whenever there are problems, passengers are detrained at
Green Park and the empty stock is reversed on the ChX branch. I'm not aware
that any passenger carrying trains have been that way for a long time - in
any case I don't believe that ChX Jubilee line platforms have the required
paperwork any longer to allow them to be used. If a train went that way it
would have to return northbound to Green Park to detrain passengers.

When they drilled the new tunnels from Green Park to Westminster and
beyond, did they modify the track layout at Green Park so that trains
coming from Westminster can go to Charing Cross too?

No.