Old August 4th 10, 05:53 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Crossrail rolling stock PIN

"Paul Scott" wrote in message

"D7666" wrote in message
On Aug 3, 6:34 pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

, Crossrail were originally
proposing running two 5 x 20m units

Were they not 5 x 23 m ?

I thought that was the difference between Crossrail and TL - 10 car x
23 m and 12 car x 20 m.

The Crossrail Environmental Statement Vol 1 Ch 2, which was what I was
looking for before my earlier reply to Roger, has this to say:

"Rolling Stock Specification and Performance
2.4.12 The trains used for Crossrail will be 200 m long, formed from 10
cars of 20 m in length.

snipped

That's why I was asking Roger if the original spec had been changed, even
if not publicised.

Apologies for the crap formatting in previous post.
Also found the bit about station tunnel length that supports an original 20m
car length:

"At each station, the platform tunnels will be constructed to allow for a
future upgrade of platforms to 245 m for the operation of 240 m long 12-car
trains, should demand for Crossrail services necessitate this."

Paul S