Old August 4th 10, 06:01 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
D7666 D7666 is offline

Default Crossrail rolling stock PIN

On Aug 4, 6:53*pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

proposing running two 5 x 20m units

Were they not 5 x 23 m *?
I thought that was the difference between Crossrail and TL - 10 car x
23 m and 12 car x 20 m.

The Crossrail Environmental Statement Vol 1 Ch 2, which was what I was
looking for before my earlier reply to Roger, has this to say:

"Rolling Stock Specification and Performance
2.4.12 The trains used for Crossrail will be 200 m long, formed from 10
cars of 20 m in length.

That's why I was asking Roger if the original spec had been changed, even
if not publicised.

Ahh I see what you meant.

I don't recall anything ever than 23 m for Crossrail.

Indeed, not just for Crossrail stock procurement in its present form,
but right back to Chris Green NSE and 1000 Networker cars a year ad
finitum days when 16X were specified they were for cascade to
Crossrail by conversion to EMU (remove engines and transmissions from
16X cars, insert newly built intermediate emu motor coaches; don't ask
me about end gangways as I don't now).

--
Nick