Old August 4th 10, 06:27 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Crossrail rolling stock PIN

"Bruce" wrote in message
On Wed, 4 Aug 2010 14:01:52 +0100, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
"bob" wrote in message

If we are looking seriously at adopting UIC standards, I would propose
the NLL as a useful place to start. It is already connected to HS1,
and is well placed to link into HS2. It handles a lot of freight
which could make use of the extra space, and the platform length and
overcrowding problems make it a good candidate for DD stock, while the
passenger services are all provided by a relatively small pool of
(potentially) dedicated rolling stock.

And it goes through Hampstead tunnel, which would have to be completely
rebuilt at vast expense?

And this is the best possible time to carry out the work, given that
the Treasury is awash with money and needs ideas for what it could be
spent on.

If that's the case I say go for triple deck trains...

:-)

Paul S