Old August 5th 10, 11:16 AM posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.transport.london
Richard J.[_3_] Richard J.[_3_] is offline

Default How far from Olympic stadium to Wimbledon?

Franklin wrote on 04 August
2010 23:39:42 ...
Mizter T wrote:

On Aug 1, 9:19 pm, "Richard wrote:

g wrote on
01 August 2010 16:00:07 ...

In a year or two I expect to be visiting the main Olympic stadium.
I'm considering a side trip to visit the civic hall for the Wimbledon
area.

[snip]

I am thinking of visiting the town hall for Wimbledon to rummage
through public files in order to find an old friend. I've lost touch
with him but I figure there is some info in the local government
offices: perhaps a building permit in his name, perhaps a statement he
made at a public meeting, perhaps feedback he gave on local development
plans.

Here you can't search local records electronically. You have to visit
in person. Is Wimbledon/Merton the same?

It is certainly worth an online search. Things like planning
applications, minutes of council meetings are online. For the stuff
that isn't online, I don't think there is likely to be any practical way
of searching for his name in Merton's records. The London Borough of
Merton has a population of about 200,000.

and search there for his name, which would cover electoral registers
(though only if he agreed to his name's inclusion in the online
register), phone directories, and various other records.

--
Richard J.