Old August 6th 10, 08:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Does London Underground accept Euros anywhere?

On Aug 6, 9:12*pm, 1506 wrote:

On Aug 3, 9:34*am, Mizter T wrote:

A belated thank you for this information - ultimately not at all
surprised to find that Euro coinage is not accepted, only Euro notes -
I imagine the cost and hassle factor basically rules it out, and
acceptance of foreign coinage just isn't a done thing.

There are London businesses that will not even accept Scottish
currency, although I suspect that they a legally obliged to do so.
There have been times when I have refused to pay with anything else,
having no English money about my person.

There's no legal obligation to accept Scottish notes in Scotland, let
alone England!

My favourite Sterling notes are those issued by the Bank of Ireland,
though the confusion imbuing potential has unfortunately diminished
greatly since the Euro arrived.