Old August 7th 10, 01:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default [OT] Postal counties to be dropped from the Postcode Address

In article 1Ub7o.56047$lF5.40201@hurricane, (Roy
Badami) wrote:

On 03/08/10 19:27, Eric wrote:

surname,suburb worked for us when I were a nipper, though mostly
we put the road in, and later, a direction.

I believe the PAF used to contain rural addresses in isolated
villages where there were no street names or house numbers.
Instead, the Building Name field in PAF was set to a parenthisised
surname.

No idea if such entries still exist in PAF.

There are parts of the country where the lack of street addresses is quite
widespread. Round Llandrindod Wells, I think.

--
Colin Rosenstiel