Old August 7th 10, 09:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roy Badami Roy Badami is offline

Default Postal counties to be dropped from the Postcode Address File

On 07/08/10 21:57, Mizter T wrote:

Sure - if we're going by postal counties, then the list on the ABC
website is a nonsense I think - all London postcodes (NW, N, E, W, SW,
SW, WC, EC) are in the post town of "London", and I don't think the
post town of London belongs to any postal county, let alone multiple
postal counties (so "NW4 xxx, Middlesex" for an address in Hendon was
never strictly speaking a correct address).

Yes, the site does actually say: "County names have never been a part of
recommended postal addresses within the "LONDON" postal area. In fact,
the "LONDON" postal area presents something of a challenge to those who
seek to use County names within it."

http://abcounties.co.uk/bpa/bpasection2.htm