Old August 7th 10, 09:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default [OT] Postal counties to be dropped from the Postcode Address

In article FAj7o.78929$RO5.57792@hurricane, (Roy
Badami) wrote:

On 07/08/10 20:35, Peter Smyth wrote:

It is the post towns with (N) after them in this list

http://abcounties.co.uk/bpa/bpasection3.htm

Generally seems to be towns with the same name as the county, plus
other towns deemed large and famous enough to not need a county.

Thanks - that's exactly what I was looking for!

Except that it's total oblox in the London postal districts. I was brought
up in Putney and no-one but no-one has referred to that as being in Surrey
for over 150 years.

--
Colin Rosenstiel