Old August 8th 10, 09:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Postal counties to be dropped from the Postcode Address File

In message
, at
12:59:09 on Sat, 7 Aug 2010, Mizter T remarked:
http://abcounties.co.uk/bpa/bpasection3.htm

Generally seems to be towns with the same name as the county, plus other
towns deemed large and famous enough to not need a county.

I like how that page dutifully lists all the London postcodes and the
olde counties that they're in - though I'm sure that many postcodes
straddle the old boundaries so presumably it's what the county the
majority of the postcode sits in that the author has used.

And guess what - It has Romford (N), Essex. One of the towns that keeps
coming up in the discussion.