Old January 24th 04, 05:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Sqwiggle Sqwiggle is offline

Default Congestion Charge appeal question

"Andrew P Smith" wrote in message
In article , Sqwiggle
writes
I'm trying to find out if I have any grounds for appeal against a Penalty
Charge Notice. Because of an accident in the Euston Underpass the police
diverted traffic off the Marylebone Road into the Congestion Zone which I
had not intended to use.

I then had to plot a new route crossing Waterloo Bridge, but thought I

had
left the zone just before 7.00am. However, it turns out I was caught on
camera at 7.01am. Anyone know if I have good grounds for appeal?

Also, if I pay now it's only £40.00. But if I appeal and lose does that

mean
I have to pay £80.00 - or £40.00 if I pay quickly.

You would only have grounds for appeal if you followed the diversion
route set up by the police. Probably worth a try though.
--
Andrew

Mmmm! I wouldn't mind trying to appeal, but not if it was going to cost
another £40.00 if I lost. It's not clear what you have to pay if you lose.

Steve

---