Old August 8th 10, 09:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Does London Underground accept Euros anywhere?

On Sun, 8 Aug 2010 13:47:58 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

What does constitute legal tender is set out by law, and in
London (as in the rest of England) consists mainly of Bank of
England Notes. Wikipedia does quite a good explanation for
various places, and is worth consulting.

But as per my other posting, legal tender is completely irrelevant
where no debt exists.

Ryanair, for instance, does not accept cash for booking of flights
(well, it might at the airport, but I'm not entirely sure it does). It
doesn't need to because no debt exists at the time of booking, as
you're booking before you fly.

Neil
--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK
To reply put my first name before the at.