Old August 8th 10, 10:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Another Oyster Rip-off

On Sun, 08 Aug 2010 22:24:07 +0100 someone who may be Scott
wrote this:-

I'm not sure 'rip-off' is the correct term as a rip-off implies intent
to over-charge and I am sure TfL has no such intent.

Are you? Why?

It is very convenient for rip-off merchants to claim that they
didn't intend to rip people off, it was something beyond their
control. The Tony B Liar approach.

This sounds like a technical problem

Yea, yeah, yeah. The machines did it all on their own, nothing at
all to do with the way they were programmed by Boris and his
henchmen.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2000...#pt3-pb3-l1g54