Old August 9th 10, 01:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Another Oyster Rip-off

On Aug 9, 2:44*pm, Mizter T wrote:

On Aug 9, 2:18*pm, Chris *Tolley (ukonline
really) wrote:

Mizter T wrote:
Does using a chip-and-pin card qualify it to have the 'e-transactions'
label?

Occasionally people use expressions without knowing that others reckon
they are jargon. It's a bit like spelling mistakes - astute readers can
see past them, whilst some might feel the need to point them out. ;-)

Don't smiley face me.

Sorry, that was unnecessarily aggressive - I've read your other
substantive reply to my point/ question about what you meant by an 'e-
transaction'. Though I still don't quite see the need for the somewhat
snide put-down - especially in the context of the other 'Ipswich
idiocy' thread (which I intend to return to, if and when I can summon
up the requisite motivation), where I think it may not have been me
that was the one who was lacking in astuteness.

That aside, I didn't intend to suggest that the term 'e-transaction'
had some definitive meaning - my intention was merely to work clarify
what you mean by it.