Old January 24th 04, 08:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Congestion Charge appeal question

In message , Andrew P Smith
writes
Because of an accident in the Euston Underpass the police
diverted traffic off the Marylebone Road into the Congestion Zone which I
had not intended to use.

I then had to plot a new route crossing Waterloo Bridge, but thought I had
left the zone just before 7.00am. However, it turns out I was caught on
camera at 7.01am. Anyone know if I have good grounds for appeal?

Also, if I pay now it's only £40.00. But if I appeal and lose does that mean
I have to pay £80.00 - or £40.00 if I pay quickly.

You would only have grounds for appeal if you followed the diversion
route set up by the police. Probably worth a try though.

Waterloo Bridge is a long way from Marylebone Road. I suspect an appeal
would only succeed if the OP was caught on camera actually on the
diversion in Marylebone (which sounds unlikely from his description).