Old August 9th 10, 04:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Chris Tolley[_2_] Chris  Tolley[_2_] is offline

Default Another Oyster Rip-off

Mizter T wrote:

On Aug 9, 2:44*pm, Mizter T wrote:

On Aug 9, 2:18*pm, Chris *Tolley (ukonline
really) wrote:

Mizter T wrote:
Does using a chip-and-pin card qualify it to have the 'e-transactions'
label?

Occasionally people use expressions without knowing that others reckon
they are jargon. It's a bit like spelling mistakes - astute readers can
see past them, whilst some might feel the need to point them out. ;-)

Don't smiley face me.

Sorry, that was unnecessarily aggressive

Actually, I thought it was rather amusing, and I'm a little surprised
that you apparently intended it to be serious.

- I've read your other substantive reply to my point/ question about
what you meant by an 'e- transaction'. Though I still don't quite see
the need for the somewhat snide put-down - especially in the context
of the other 'Ipswich idiocy' thread (which I intend to return to, if
and when I can summon up the requisite motivation), where I think it
may not have been me that was the one who was lacking in astuteness.

There's no need to return to it. I knew what was going on all along. If
you hadn't kept on plugging away with the "who's being an idiot"
question, then I wouldn't have pointed out what the potential idiocy
was, and whom the poster who first used the word had in mind. But, as I
pointed out, I never applied that word to you, and if you think I did,
then with all due respect, I think you should read the exchange again.

That aside, I didn't intend to suggest that the term 'e-transaction'
had some definitive meaning - my intention was merely to work clarify
what you mean by it.

--
http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/p9682591.html
(08 601 and 08 604 at Tyseley, 4 Oct 1987)