Old August 9th 10, 05:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Postal counties to be dropped from the Postcode Address File

On Aug 9, 6:10*pm, Steve Fitzgerald ] wrote:

In message
,
Mizter T writes

It would cause confusion for an address in Leadenhal Street EC3 to give
also the associated name for EC3 which is Fenchurch Street. *Is the E16
area still known as Victoria Docks, which is its associated name?

According to mail I receive from certain parties, yes I live in Victoria
Docks!

What's the water like?

Much nicer than it used to be in the Olden Days (so I'm told)

I probably should have put a smiley on that, for it was an off-the
cuff comment intended in jest (which you may or may not have detected
- wasn't all that obvious I admit)!

But whilst we're on the topic, yes I can imagine that back in the days
of yore there was all sorts of engine oil and gunk and stuff in the
docks. It was a fair time ago, but I've been on (and in!) the water in
kayaks at both Greenland Dock (Surrey Quays) and Millwall Dock (Isle
of Dogs), but not over your way on Victoria Dock (all three having
watersports centres) - all good fun.