Old August 9th 10, 08:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tim Roll-Pickering Tim Roll-Pickering is offline

Default Postal counties to be dropped from the Postcode Address File

Mizter T wrote:

According to mail I receive from certain parties, yes I live in
Victoria
Docks!

What's the water like?

Much nicer than it used to be in the Olden Days (so I'm told)

But whilst we're on the topic, yes I can imagine that back in the days
of yore there was all sorts of engine oil and gunk and stuff in the
docks. It was a fair time ago, but I've been on (and in!) the water in
kayaks at both Greenland Dock (Surrey Quays) and Millwall Dock (Isle
of Dogs), but not over your way on Victoria Dock (all three having
watersports centres) - all good fun.

I used to sail in both Millwall and Royal Victoria Docks in the mid 1990s.
My memory of the latter is that it was incredibly windy - this was before
the estate on the south side was built and I recall the wind could bounce
around a lot. The water was cold but it was all good.