Old August 10th 10, 02:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Michael R N Dolbear Michael R N Dolbear is offline

Default [OT] Postal counties to be dropped from the Postcode AddressFile

Tom Anderson wrote

On Sat, 7 Aug 2010, Roland Perry wrote:

Where I live, "NOTTINGHAM, Nottinghamshire" would look a bit odd,
especially as Nottingham is a unitary authority, and in that sense

is
not part of Nottinghamshire!

Indeed, so you'd write 'Nottingham, Nottingham'. If it's good enough

for
New York ...

This is England chaps, snot America so We Demand

NOTTINGHAM,
not-in-Nottinghamshire-no-more

--
Mike D
who recalls a telephone call order where the address was transcribed on