Old August 10th 10, 03:04 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default day out in london - suggestions

On Aug 10, 3:18*pm, Ivor The Engine
wrote:

On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 11:55:48 +0100, "Recliner"
wrote:
The NLL
route from Stratford has great views of the Olympic site
(the aquatics centre roof is amazing).

I went that way last week. *I didn't realise that the NLL cuts through
the park itself. *Better views of the construction from there than
from the official viewing platform on the Greenway.

Yes, I'd defo recommend a jaunt out to to Stratford and a trip on the
NLL even if one only goes as far as Hackney Wick then turns back just
to see for yourself what's happening (and has happened) at the Olympic
Park. You can also get some decent views from the GEML twixt Liverpool
Street and Stratford (though that's not right in the midst of it
unlike the NLL).