Old August 10th 10, 03:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default Does London Underground accept Euros anywhere?

On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 08:24:20 -0700 (PDT)
1506 wrote:
There should just be one set of notes for the whole country. Not have thi=

absurd situation where in the provinces some banks (not all!) are allowed
to print their own money which may or may not be legal tender in other
parts of the UK. If you think trying to spend a northern ireland note in
england is hard try using one from the isle of man or the channel islands=

!
If its not legal tender then why is it called sterling?

Who would print it and how would it be supplied? No one else on the

The bank of england guides the UK economy (whatever the toytown council in
edinburgh might believe) so it should print the money as it does at the
moment.

planet should have a Federal Reserve. It is an awful institution.

I hadn't noticed the various regions in other countries printing their
own money. Can you imagine the chaos if every US state now printed its
own money which may or may not be valid in the others? The situation we
currently have here is absurd. Either all sterling notes should be valid
everywhere in the UK or there should just be one set of notes for the whole
UK. Not the daft mishmash we have at the moment.

B2003