Old August 10th 10, 04:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Basil Jet[_2_] Basil Jet[_2_] is offline

Default Does London Underground accept Euros anywhere?

On 2010\08\10 16:50, d wrote:

I hadn't noticed the various regions in other countries printing their
own money. Can you imagine the chaos if every US state now printed its
own money which may or may not be valid in the others? The situation we
currently have here is absurd. Either all sterling notes should be valid
everywhere in the UK or there should just be one set of notes for the whole
UK. Not the daft mishmash we have at the moment.

Since there are 4 denominations in fairly current use, I don't see why
the fivers, tenners, twenties and fifties couldn't have a different
country written on them, and be printed in the country in question. And
if the people in Scotland hate using money with England on it that much,
they could just avoid using the "Sterling Bank Of England" fivers and
stick to the "Sterling Bank Of Scotland" tenners instead, although all
four notes would be legal tender and the other provincial and Bank Of
England notes would be withdrawn as that denomination of "Sterling Bank"
note was introduced. Would keep the moaning nationalists happy, and we'd
end up with only four notes throughout the kingdom.