Old August 10th 10, 05:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london
1506[_2_] 1506[_2_] is offline

Default Does London Underground accept Euros anywhere?

On Aug 10, 9:26*am, Mizter T wrote:
On Aug 10, 4:22*pm, 1506 wrote:

On Aug 10, 7:59*am, Basil Jet wrote:

On 2010\08\10 11:24, Tony Dragon wrote:
[snip]
I didn't think there was such a thing as 'English money', it is UK money.

It has "Bank Of England" writ thereon.

Indeed, it does. *Sadly there is no currency valid in Wales that has
the names Wales or Cymru on it!

Not even any Welsh banks that could issue you with a dragon themed
debit card ;-(

Might well be an affinity credit card available with the WRU or Welsh
National Opera or something, but a quick google hasn't found an
amazingly obvious candidate.

Though I did find an interesting piece on the BBC Wales website about
the history of Welsh banks:http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/waleshist...e_of_welsh_ban...

Fascinating piece, thank you for posting.