Old August 10th 10, 06:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
1506[_2_] 1506[_2_] is offline

Default Does London Underground accept Euros anywhere?

On Aug 10, 10:47*am, Paul Terry wrote:
In message ,
writes

I hadn't noticed the various regions in other countries printing their
own money.

Several commercial banks in Hong Kong issue their own banknotes in
addition to those issued by the government there.

The situation we currently have here is absurd. Either all sterling
notes should be valid everywhere in the UK or there should just be one
set of notes for the whole UK.

The notion of what is "valid" in terms of financial transactions is
largely a matter of agreement between the parties concerned. (As
mentioned earlier, the concept of "legal tender" applies to only a
limited range of transactions).
--

All money is based on an element of faith. In some cases one's faith
is better placed than in others, e.g. the Swiss Franc.