Old January 24th 04, 09:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Abc Xyz Abc Xyz is offline

Default Gate Codes + Oyster

Probably on purpose. I think this is less annoying than having oyster cards
being read when unintended. I usually travel on travelcards, and have the
oyster ready for ocassional journeys and price capping (ie. I havent had a
use for it yet...) - I'd be upset if I got charged just because my wallet
was too close....

I wonder if the readers can be adjusted to different ranges?

I'm in the same situation - I asked the helpline before I started using
it and they assured me that if using a travelcard (1 day, weekend etc)
that the oyster would not register the journey if left in a back
pocket wallet for example and so far it i've had not trouble with it.