Old August 11th 10, 08:33 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default Why people don't commute by bike?

On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 23:10:41 +0100
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 13:34:42 on Tue, 10 Aug
2010, d remarked:
You've got lots of experience of USA roads, then? I agree that to some

I've toured most of the east coast up from washington and also quebec and
southern ontario

How much of that was on rural tracks?

I can't say I noticed many rural tracks except the ones leading off to
distant farms. All the roads in and around small towns were a lot better
paved than around here. I think its fair to say that the majority of people
in the eastern USA and canada at least do not need a 4x4. Pretty much the
same as over here.

B2003