Old August 11th 10, 08:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default Does London Underground accept Euros anywhere?

On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 18:47:03 +0100
Paul Terry wrote:
Several commercial banks in Hong Kong issue their own banknotes in
addition to those issued by the government there.

I wonder if the fact that HK was run by britain for 100 years has anything
to do with that.

The situation we currently have here is absurd. Either all sterling
notes should be valid everywhere in the UK or there should just be one
set of notes for the whole UK.

The notion of what is "valid" in terms of financial transactions is
largely a matter of agreement between the parties concerned. (As
mentioned earlier, the concept of "legal tender" applies to only a
limited range of transactions).

Thats all very well, but try having that discussion with some teenage
checkout girl in a london tesco when she refuses to take some Clydesdale
tenners and see where it gets you.

B2003