Old August 12th 10, 11:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default Stepless platforms

On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 12:10:07 +0100
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 10:32:46 on Thu, 12 Aug
2010, d remarked:
Can anyone think of any tube stations where the platforms lead directly out
onto the street without any lifts/steps/escalators? The only ones I can think
of are Woodside Park, Epping and Kew Gardens. I'm sure there must be lots more
that I've not been to.

Hammersmith (Met line). Which is easier for all platforms because it's a
terminus.

Do you mean all platforms, or just one?

Don't really mind

At least one platform is step-free at Rickmansworth I think, and looking
at stations like that (outside Central London, on traditional lines)
seems the best bet.

Ickenham and Chorleywood might have no steps to one platform (are you
worried if they have perhaps just one or two steps?)

This was just an idle question while I while away a tedious day at work.
Its not because I've got a disabled relative coming to visit or something.
Though if I did I doubt I'd take them on the tube.

B2003