Old August 13th 10, 02:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default The BorisBike flow asymmetry problem solved

In message . li, at
14:46:36 on Fri, 13 Aug 2010, Tom Anderson
remarked:
We've wondered aloud about what happens if there is an asymmetric flow
of BorisBikes from one station to another, and how the resulting
surplus and deficit of cycles is resolved.

We need wonder no longer. I have obtained photographic evidence of what
i believe to be the compensatory mechanism:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/twic/4887369973/

So, not a lorry, as some had feared. But a hatchback with a trailer.

I hope I didn't give the impression I'd seen a lorry doing this (in
Lausanne I expect). The bloke had an SUV or pickup truck at the front,
but a very similar trailer at the back.