Old August 13th 10, 04:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default The BorisBike flow asymmetry problem solved

In article . li,
(Tom Anderson) wrote:

Afternoon all,

We've wondered aloud about what happens if there is an asymmetric
flow of BorisBikes from one station to another, and how the
resulting surplus and deficit of cycles is resolved.

We need wonder no longer. I have obtained photographic evidence of
what i believe to be the compensatory mechanism:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/twic/4887369973/

So, not a lorry, as some had feared. But a hatchback with a trailer.

If you look at the full-size version:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/twic/4887369973/sizes/o/

You can see that each bike slot has a letter, either A or B,
printed above it. Any ideas why?

And does anyone else think that trailer looks like it folds open?

They seem to be using a standard trailer design whose sides fold down, but
there seem to be shorter versions than that in your photo as well. I saw
one in Bellgrove St the other morning. They are using little vans, I think
both to carry bikes and tow trailers, as well.

--
Colin Rosenstiel