Old August 13th 10, 08:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Andy Andy is offline

Default LU A stock over NR routes

On Aug 13, 9:30*pm, "Chris Read" wrote:
Digressing somewhat....

I'm guessing that when the A stock finally bows out, there will be
enthusiast interest in a farewell tour. But can the A stock venture onto any
non-Met metals? For example, do they 'fit' east of Aldgate on the District,
if the doors are kept closed to avoid short platform issues? Otherwise, it
will be a farewell wholly over familiar territory, which would be
appropriate but not very novel.*

East of Aldgate, they used to fit at least as far as the St. Marys
curve onto the ELL and they can also go to Edgware Road in passenger
service. They also used to be cleared from Rayners Lane to Acton and
maybe even along the District to High Street Kensington and onto
Edgware Road, but I'm not sure if this route is still available.

Do the London Transport Museum have plans to preserve an A stock unit, or at
least a driving car?

Chris

* But still more interesting than any 1967 stock farewell tour, which I
guess would be restricted to Vic metals?

The 1967 stock has run one tour using the connections to/from the
Piccadilly line at Finsbury Park. I don't know if such a move would
still be possible.