Old August 14th 10, 11:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Cross London tickets on the underground

In article
,
(Mizter T) wrote:

On Aug 14, 6:03*pm, Tony Walsall wrote:
Does anyone know, will a cross London valid ticket open any Zone1
gate?

I believe that a rail ticket with cross-London validity included (i.e.
marked with the Maltese cross symbol) will only open gates at
Underground/DLR stations that are in the cross-London station list,
which is shown half-way down this page:

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_...ng_london.html

However it won't open any Zone 1 gate - though if you're in the system
and want to get out, then I understand you'll be let out without any
problems (in zone 1 at least), though the same ticket can't be used to
get back into the Underground system (i.e. there's no Break of Journey
allowed for the cross-London Underground leg of the journey).

The wording on the TfL web page is new to me:

"You can ‘break your transfer journey' and leave the Underground at any
intermediate station, e.g. if you travelling between Victoria and Euston
you can exit at Oxford Circus. However, if you subsequently wish to
continue your journey by Underground you will have to purchase another
ticket."

I've been refused exit at Goodge Street in the past (over 10 years ago) to
break a tube journey back to King's Cross and had to re-enter the tube and
exit at Euston instead. Is this a relatively recent change?

--
Colin Rosenstiel