Old August 15th 10, 07:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport.london
[email protected] hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Ghost trips appearing on the London Cycle Hire scheme

On 15/08/2010 19:39, Roy Badami wrote:
On 15/08/10 19:35, Paul Terry wrote:

Well, I suppose TfL could insist that anyone using an Oyster for bicycle
hire must have at least £300 credit on their Oyster, but would that
really be attractive to anyone?

I'm not suggesting it should use Oyster prepay. I don't see why an
Oyster card couldn't carry a "bike scheme key" as a product loaded onto
it in exactly the same way as it handles other products. Payment could
be using whatever the bike scheme actually really does use (credit card
number on file, presumably?)

-roy

That's what already happens with Oyster in some cases, such as if you go
below £5, in which case the Oyster automatically tops it up. Funds for
that will directly from your debit or credit card.