Old August 16th 10, 01:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Ghost trips appearing on the London Cycle Hire scheme

"Paul Terry" wrote in message
In message MQW9o.46545$ss1.15033@hurricane, "
writes

On 15/08/2010 19:15, Roy Badami wrote:

It's a pity that Oyster couldn't have been upgraded to have the
necessary capabilities...

Give it time, I imagine that this will eventually be the case.

Given that TfL haven't included Oyster readers on the bike terminal
stations, I fear that it could be a very long time.

I read somewhere that for speed of introduction they'd bought an off the
shelf system exactly as used in another city somewhere. But many media
reports have already indicated that Oyster readers will be retrofitted.

Paul S