Old January 25th 04, 05:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default stansted airport

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 19:16:48 +0100, Martin Krieger wrote:

But I have a question concerning these buses: Is it advisable to book ahead?
At my local airport (Köln, Germany) the buses run frequently, you just take
the next bus and pay at the driver. Booking is neither necessary nor
possible. The National Express web site on the other hand offers booking for
the airport services. So I don't know if it has advantages (even if an air
plane might always be late or early) to use the reservation service. Your
experiences are welcome.

No need to book for the London Airbus services, in contrast to most other
National Express services where it is *strongly* recommended/compulsory.
This is why I don't think it was the right move to combine them into the
National Express Airport brand together with Flightlinks, which is a
totally different (medium-distance and reservable) operation.

You might get a discount, but that's about it.

Neil