Old July 15th 03, 04:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Joe Patrick Joe Patrick is offline

Default ELL dot matrixes

(Steph Davies) wrote in message . com...
Martin Smith wrote in message . uk...
I noticed today that the unused dot matrix indicators at
New Cross Gate and Canada Water now have plastic maps of
the ELL tied over them, they have been in for some years
and have never been used, presumably now they never will be.

Last night as I went through New Cross Gate I noticed two men on a
ladder doing something to the dot matrix indicators on the ELL
platform. They had taken off the plastic map, had the front open and
were poking around inside.

The ladder they were stood on was marked "Property of CIS" - Customer
Information Systems, I presume.

So maybe the plastic maps were put up to get people used to looking at
the indicators again, before they start being used...

Maybe, because most people look at Maps when theyre on the tube. I
have been doing a tube journey for about 8 years now and I still look
at the map!