Old August 18th 10, 01:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Minimum Oyster top-up at LU ticket offices

In article , (Roland
Perry) wrote:

In message , at
04:58:30 on Wed, 18 Aug 2010,
remarked:
I object to having to lend TfL money for trips I may not make until 6
months hence.

So buy paper tickets.

At more than twice the price!

I also object to the blanket application of a policy, even
to low users and those needing receipts for the correct amount.

And I object to the higher fares resulting from people who want the
bulk-discount benefits, but aren't prepared to toe the line.

But I can buy smaller amounts of top-up elsewhere, including East Putney
LU ticket office and any ticket stop to whom LU no doubt pay handsome
commission! I only didn't buy all £3.60 I eventually needed yesterday at
East Putney because I had a small hope of fixing the puncture while at the
office.

A printout of usage is hardly a financial document.

All kinds of railway receipt are a bit weaker than the average
commercial invoice.

Which is why I prefer to use the actual outwards tickets as receipts.

Anyway, I topped up at a ticket stop in Monmouth St this morning. Much
easier, expect when making a trip to a main line station by underground
so no time to wander about for a ticket stop.

--
Colin Rosenstiel