Old January 25th 04, 06:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Seanie O'Kilfoyle Seanie O'Kilfoyle is offline

Default Congestion Charge appeal question

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , Steevee
writes
Waterloo Bridge is a long way from Marylebone Road. I suspect an appeal
would only succeed if the OP was caught on camera actually on the
diversion in Marylebone (which sounds unlikely from his description).
--

I would have entered the charge zone at about 6.40 - 6.45am, so I guess I
wouldn't have been on camera.

Well, you'd have been on camera, they just wouldn't have logged you as
chargeable. But did you stick to the diversion and exit from the zone as
soon as possible? Sounds to me like you took a chance on rat-running
through the middle before 7am. There's nothing wrong with that, except
it's also nothing to do with the police's diversion.

This just shows what an unfair extorion racket the CONgestion "charge" truly
is

DON'T PAY IT

Appeal in court