Old August 22nd 10, 12:21 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Josie Josie is offline

Default Cross London tickets on the underground

On 14/08/2010 18:28, Mizter T wrote:
However it won't open any Zone 1 gate - though if you're in the system
and want to get out, then I understand you'll be let out without any
problems (in zone 1 at least), though the same ticket can't be used to
get back into the Underground system (i.e. there's no Break of Journey
allowed for the cross-London Underground leg of the journey).

This is what I thought, but the chap on the gateline at Russell Square
tried to refuse me exit on a Manchester-Guildford ticket recently - he
said that a point-to-point NR ticket was only valid for LU transfer and
not to leave the station. I explained that I was allowed to leave the
station but that I wouldn't be able to get back in, but he insisted that
I needed to buy a new ticket. I asked to talk to someone from the ticket
office (which was closed), so he went and spoke to a nearby Revenue
officer and came back saying that it was "a grey area" and he'd let me
out this time but only because the ticket office was closed. Hmph.

I have booked any permitted Feltham to Brighton tickets which have the
cross london symbol on, will these allow a single journey from
Marylebone to Victoria?

Yes, I believe in practice it'd allow for that journey no problems -
the LU gates will just see it as a cross-London transfer ticket, and
Marylebone to Victoria is of course a legit cross-London transfer.

Indeed - I forgot about the free transfer on the other half of that
ticket (Guildford-Manchester) and later used it to do Liverpool Street
to Euston without incident.

--
Josie
Reverse 'liar' to e-mail me.