Old August 22nd 10, 12:49 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Andy Andy is offline

Default Cross London tickets on the underground

On Aug 22, 1:30*pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
"Andy" wrote in message

The National Rail website clearly states that the tickets can only be
used at the stations in the list he

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_...crossing_londo...

So technically a through National Rail ticket isn't valid at Russell
Square. Whether you get let through the barriers, other than at these
'cross-London' stations, is more a matter of luck than right.

Presumably you didn't read the whole section that you linked to then...

I took a short cut, rather than checking the Conditions of Carriage.
There is no mention of this entitlement anywhere except the part of
the National Rail website I linked to. It never used to be the case
that such tickets were valid at intermediate stations (which is why
they don't open the gates).