Old August 22nd 10, 12:58 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Josie Josie is offline

Default Cross London tickets on the underground

On 22/08/2010 13:43, Andy wrote:
From that website:

"You can ‘break your transfer journey' and leave the Underground at any
intermediate station, e.g. if you travelling between Victoria and Euston
you can exit at Oxford Circus. However, if you subsequently wish to
continue your journey by Underground you will have to purchase another
ticket."

I missed that bit, but when did that change to the rules come in? The
cross-London component of the fare is less than the normal LU single
and there is no statement about these tickets in the TfL conditions of
carriage. The national rail conditions of carriage (http://
http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/system...misc/NRCOC.pdf,
condition 16) state that break of journey isn't allowed on LU
(although the wording is, as always, a bit ambiguous only talking
about entitlement to break and resume a journey not exit and buy a new
ticket).

*shrug* Don't know, but I've certainly read about it on these here
newsgroups in the past. I've also put it into practice as well - showed
my ticket to a member of staff at Holborn about 18 months ago, who
cheerfully asked, "You're breaking your journey, yes?" and then opened
the gate for me.

--
Josie
Reverse 'liar' to e-mail me.