Old August 22nd 10, 02:01 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Andy Andy is offline

Default Cross London tickets on the underground

On Aug 22, 2:07*pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
"Andy" wrote in message

On Aug 22, 1:30 pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
"Andy" wrote in message

The National Rail website clearly states that the tickets can only be
used at the stations in the list he

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_...crossing_londo....

So technically a through National Rail ticket isn't valid at Russell
Square. Whether you get let through the barriers, other than at these
'cross-London' stations, is more a matter of luck than right.

Presumably you didn't read the whole section that you linked to then....

I took a short cut, rather than checking the Conditions of Carriage.
There is no mention of this entitlement anywhere except the part of
the National Rail website I linked to. It never used to be the case
that such tickets were valid at intermediate stations (which is why
they don't open the gates).

This limitation of the gates had already been discussed in earlier parts of
the thread [that unfortunately only appeared in uk.transport.london]

I'm surprised that TfL accepted such a change, as they get limited
revenue from the cross-London tickets, compared to the two full fare
singles which used to be needed.