Old August 23rd 10, 02:13 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.transport.london
PeterL PeterL is offline

Default Transportation option from London City Airport to Regents Park.

On Aug 22, 11:05*am, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 18:27:03 +0100, "Ian F."

wrote:
"PeterL" wrote in message

We'll be arriving London City Airport at 9 pm. *What's the easiest
option for transportation to the Marriott Hotel Regents Park on 128
King Henry's Rd? *We probably don't want to deal with buses or
lightrails or trains. *How about a shuttle? *What would taxi fare be
for that distance?

Have added uk.transport.london where there are at least two cab drivers who
can give you an idea of the fare.

The hotel's own site gives details including taxi fares.

http://www.marriott.co.uk/hotels/fac...p-london-marri...

That took a nanosecond of googling.

The public transport journey is actually pretty easy - Docklands Light
Railway service to Canning Town, Jubilee Line to Swiss Cottage and a
shortish walk to the hotel.

If you're laden with luggage then I can understand the reluctance but
given the distance being covered, one change between lines is very
convenient. There are escalators and lifts at LCA station and Canning
Town but Swiss Cottage has steps out to the street from the ticket hall
so a tad less convenient there.

HTH

--
Paul C

Thanks everyone for the replies. Yes I have gone to the hotel's web
site, just interested in second opinions. We'll have two mid sized
suite cases. But due to the late hours and unfamiliarity, a taxi is
preferred to light rail.