Old August 23rd 10, 09:01 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil  Williams is offline

Default Transportation option from London City Airport to Regents Park.

On Aug 23, 3:13*am, PeterL wrote:

Thanks everyone for the replies. *Yes I have gone to the hotel's web
site, just interested in second opinions. *We'll have two mid sized
suite cases. *But due to the late hours and unfamiliarity, a taxi is
preferred to light rail.

It's not particularly late for London transport - everything will
still be running to decent frequencies at that sort of time (it won't
take you long to get out of London City Airport - you should easily
manage plane seat to exit in 20 minutes, particularly if not checking
luggage). And the journey is *really* easy - out of the airport, turn
right, get tickets then up the escalator to the DLR, get off at
Canning Town, walk downstairs (or use the escalator), take the Jubilee
Line towards Stanmore, get off at Swiss Cottage. You might want to
print a map off Google for the last bit but it isn't at all far.

Neil