Old August 23rd 10, 08:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Kings Cross Main line to Victoria Line?

In article fuAco.172344$ss1.101128@hurricane, (Roy
Badami) wrote:

On 08/07/10 07:36, Paul wrote:

Another thing about Kings Cross - when you go to the old tube ticket
hall, there are signs saying "No entry to Northern Line". However, if
you go through the barriers and down the escalator to the Victoria
line, there is a sign on the left saying "Northern Line". So despite
what it says, it IS possible to get to the Northern Line via the old
tube ticket hall.

Sorry for reopening a rather old thread, but...

AIUI, one of the features of the redesign of Kings Cross St Pancras
was that no tube-to-tube transfer would involve passing through a
gateline. From that, it logically follows that you must be able
to access all lines from each of the three ticket halls -- if that
weren't the case then there must still be transfers that require
you to walk between two ticket halls, passing through two gatelines.

I today needed to get to the Circle/Metropolitan Line platforms
from the Kings Cross suburban platforms and I notice that the
signage directs me to the Western Ticket Hall (under St Pancras)
rather than the Tube Ticket Hall (the original one) but it reminded
me of this thread and made me wonder whether that is the best
route, or whether there might be a better route through the Tube
Ticket Hall.

Is there a useful map of the underground complex available
anywhere? I find the maze of tunnels quite disorienting...

If you're coming in from Cambridge on platforms 9-11 you might as well go
down into the Northern ticket hall and walk under Pancras Rd to the
Western. I don't think the surface alternatives are any better.

--
Colin Rosenstiel