Old August 24th 10, 06:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dr. Sunil Dr. Sunil is offline

Default Tube ticket easement on buses and Oyster PAYG

On 24 Aug, 19:38, Fig wrote:
I took a tube journey to Victoria yesterday, changing to Vic line at *
Oxford Circus.
On arriving at Oxford Circus, Vic line was severely delayed due signal *
failure and the PA advised customers to make alternative arrangements and *
that tube tickets would be valid on local buses.
How can my ticket be valid on local buses if I'm using PAYG?
Do I just wave my Oyster card at the driver and tell him the tubes are *
bunged up?

--
Fig

London Buses have Oyster card readers beside the driver, as well as
near the doors on Bendybuses.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/14415.aspx

Oyster PAYG single bus fare = £1.20 (cf. cash fare £2)