Old August 24th 10, 07:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard Richard is offline

Default Tube ticket easement on buses and Oyster PAYG

On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 20:05:31 +0100, Fig wrote:

You're missing the point. I've already paid for my journey by tube. I
should be able to continue my journey by bus for no extra cost.

This is the way I remember it being described to me when I did some
work with London Buses five years ago... Can anyone confirm whether
this is the current procedure?

In the event of *unplanned* disruption, bus drivers in the area would
be advised by radio of a code to enter on their ticket machines. The
machines would then, if offered a PAYG card, resolve any unfinished
journey (the station may have been evacuated) and charge the correct
amount. I believe this meant refunding the underground fare and
charging a bus fare instead. It's never happened to me, so I don't
know if this really happens... If it does you're probably better off.

Richard.