Old August 24th 10, 09:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Kings Cross Main line to Victoria Line?

On 24 Aug, 18:46, "Peter Smyth" wrote:
"Roland Perry" wrote in message

In message
,
at 01:47:19 on Tue, 24 Aug 2010, MIG
remarked:
But at the moment you can't get *to* the northern line on the direct
route from the Western/Original ticket halls, so it's still just
possible but only a very long way around (via the Piccadilly
platforms
would be quickest).

Unless you take a chance on one of the short escalators being fixed
and walkable down. *In fact, I think I'd try that and, if unlucky, get
the Victoria to Euston and change there. *Still a better than
following the direction signs half way to Finsbury Park and back.

I would normally be wanting to take the City branch southbound, so
going via Euston is a long diversion.. and IIRC is a very long walk
inside the Euston passageways.

Actually it is cross platform interchange in that direction (SB Victoria
to SB Bank branch)

Peter Smyth

Indeed, because one starts southbound on the Victoria and cross-
platforms to southbound on the Northern in the opposite direction.
Probably quicker and certainly less tiring than the walk that one is
directed to take at Kings Cross.

But even if one was going the other way on the Northern, it's a fairly
short walk over a bridge at the western end of the Victoria/Northern
platforms at Euston; no need to go up the escalators and back.